For those lucky enough to take Monday off work and turn this weekend into a four day event, we’ve got lots to do to help you get away from it all!
Take in an art exhibition – or three!
In Warburton alone you can enjoy three very different art exhibitions!
- The Open Studios exhibition at Waterwheel Gallery on the main street - And if you come back November 11/12 weekend you can visit all these artists in their own studios!
- The From This Place – Inspiring Women Artists of the Upper Yarra Valley Exhibition at Oscars on the Yarra - Showcasing the talents and stories of 14 women artists from right here in the Warburton Valley. A must see while in Warburton. The Book is an excellent gift or momento from your stay.
- Collections from the Forest - At the Warburton Arts Centre. Creatures, habitats, small wonders of nature. An exhibition that honours the flora and fauna of our valley.
Shop for the best, the unique and the quirky
Discover local produce and chat to growers and makers. Wander the main street and find a bargain, or a unique gift to take home. You will find treasures both old and new!
- Warby Artisans and Produce Market - SUNDAY 5 Nov - local and lovely. Meet the community, and fill your pantry with fresh and homemade goodies - it's country style with an urbane twist.
- What nots – a cavernous trove of treasures. Reminders of the past, collectables you won’t find anywhere else and gorgeous one of a kind things on the main street of Warburton.
- Charley Horse (Warburton main street section near the IGA) is a truly remarkable shop that delights and inspires. A carefully curated collection of clothing that has withstood the test of time. Looking for something unique, quirky or contemporary, Charley Horse will have you dressed in the best vintage clothing you’ll ever find in one place!
- Warburton Valley Handmade - at the Waterwheel on the main street of Warburton. A delightful shopping destination in an iconic building. Handmade gits, jewellery, books, paintings, soaps and more - direct from the craftspeople of the valley to you! And dont forget Pea Green Boat - it's time to start Christmas shopping!
Food to feast on
While the forecast is for showers and temperatures below average (can you believe we had snow fall on Mt Donna Buang last Monday?), we’ve rekindled the fires and have lots of options for warming delicious food, fresh from the farmgate.
- A wood fired pizza at Little Joe in Warburton.
- A delicious lunch at Nancy’s of the Valley in Yarra Junction.
- A winery lunch with views of rolling hills and spring growth on the vines at Wild Cattle Creek (with special Derby and Cup Day activiites), Whispering Hills or any of our local winery treasures (if you haven’t discovered Warburton Highway wineries it’s time you did!).
Take it easy
Take time to be pampered!
Book a massage, a facial, or a holistic health treatment at Warburton Wellbeing, The Wellspring or direct with the many, many wellbeing practitioners that live and work here in the Warburton Valley (ask your accommodation provider for recommendations).
Well known for its fresh air, restful ambiance and relaxing way of life, Warburton is a perfect destination to revive.
Fpr more info on where to stay see our website.
Four ways to spend four days. And we know you’ll be back for more!