The all-terrain wheelchair, or TrailRider, is available for loan by visitors and residents to the Warburton Valley.
It is built to handle rugged terrain and a wide variety of tracks providing access to walking trails not suitable for a regular wheelchair.
The TrailRider can be booked at the Warburton Waterwheel by calling 03 5966 9600 or by emailing the Waterwheel.
• weighs 23kg and is easy to use
• is comfortable with a cushioned seat and a relaxed seating position
• is motorised wheelchair but requires a minimum of two operators (or Sherpas, who assist the rider by pushing and pulling the wheelchair over rough terrain)
• can be folded up and transported in the back of a car
• gives people with mobility difficulties an equal opportunity to enjoy the great outdoors
• is FREE TO HIRE
People wishing to hire the TailRider will need to watch a short instructional video at the Waterwheel. Bookings essential.
Pick up and return is at the Waterwheel.
The all-terrain wheelchair is part of an initiative to give better access to visitors with physical disabilities, and is funded by the Yarra Ranges Council and Parks Victoria.