The Visitor Information Centre is located on the main street in the heart of Warburton and represents all the wonderful things to do and places to stay in the Warburton Valley, and all the towns along the Warburton Highway. Speak to one of our volunteers (they are all locals and a wealth of knowledge) and plan a great day out or weekend away. The Visitor Centre is open daily between 10am and 4pm and is well stocked with brochures and information sheets for you to take away. Book your accommodation or simply relax for a while on the deck and soak up the view. The friendly volunteers will help you make your trip or stay the best Warburton Valley has to offer. You can even buy local wine there.
Learn the history of the McVeighs Waterwheel, which continues to turn at the entrance and gives the Visitor information Centre its name.
While you are there be sure to visit:
- The Handmade retail outlet for local crafts
- The Art Gallery for an ever-changing series of exhibitions by local artists
- Warburton Habitat Tree and the Indoor Forest “Wildlife of the Yarra Ranges’ Tour
- The Great Steps of Warburton community arts project
- The Historic Mural panels on the old railway siding
- The Totems of Warburton