Bush camping is available at the following camp sites.
Basic information as of September 2014.
Cathedral Range State Park
* Cooks Mill - $35.90 per nght
* Neds Gully Camping Area - $35.90 per night
* The Farmyard - $6.20 per night
Kinglake National Park
The Gums camping area – $35.90 per night for a maximum of 6 people. Some are tents only. Some suitable for caravans
Lake Eildon National Park
* Lakeside/Candlebark/Devils Cove - $25.20 per site/per night for a maximum of 6 people
* Jerusalem Creek $35.90 per site/per night for a maximum of 6 people
Upper Yarra Reservoir Park
$43.60 per night up to 6 people - 24 km east of Warburton
Murrindindi Scenic Reserve
Must buy camping permit on site – minimal charge for permit (permit boxes near Suspension Bridge and Bulls Creek). Failure to purchase permit can result in a fine.
$5.50 per night per car
$16.50 per night per small bus
$27.50 per night per large bus
Yarra State Forest (For maps see Forest Notes Yarra State Forest)
* Starling’s Gap – Free - Enter via Blacksands Road, then Creek Road. Fireplace, Toilets, Picnic Table.
* LaTrobe River Camping Area – Free - 32 Km from Yarra Junction to Ada River Road (then 400m off Highway). Fireplace, Toilets, Picnic Table
* Federal Mill – Free - Walk in camping
* Ada No 2 Mill – Free - Walk in camping
* Kurth Kiln (near Gembrook) $12.30 up to 6 people
23km south of Launching Place, then west into Soldiers Road. Non flush toilets
* Scotts Reserve – Free. 3 km north of Woods Point – Toilets
* Kirkwood Reserve – Free. 25 km north of Woods Point – Toilets
* Shakes Reserve – Free. 28 km north of Woods Point - Toilets
To book any of the camp sites go to www.parksvic.gov.au or phone Parks Victoria on 13 19 63.
ALL camping sites must be booked and paid for in advance.